The electrifying event to feature cutting-edge speakers from across the state of Michigan and tickets are on sale now!
TEDxDetroit, the annual gathering of the area’s leading thinkers, announces the roster of speakers to take the stage at Motor City Sound Board Detroit on Thursday, September 28. The popular day-long conference, which brings in thousands of attendees from around the region, will celebrate its 15th year of sharing ideas worth spreading. The TEDx format features inspiring idea-focused, short talks from a plethora of inventive minds all designed to spark fresh thinking and provoke conversation.
The full-day immersive event features a revolutionary lineup of ambitious people, entrepreneurs and innovators in the realm of business, dance, poetry, therapy and comedy. Highlights of speakers include:
- Marques McCammon, Automotive innovator who’s leading the turnaround of ultra-luxury Karma Automotive.
- David Medina Álvarez, Livaq CEO who is developing the next generation of off-road vehicles with an eye on adventure and sustainability.
- Anthony Grupido – hailed as “Michigan’s Best Magician” by Channel 2, 4, 7, and WJR Radio, will use magic to deliver a powerful message about the impact social media has on our lives and well-being.
- Jason Bressler, Chief Technology Officer at United Wholesale Mortgage, the largest mortgage lender in the United States.
- Dr. Eddie Connor –Cancer Survivor, International Speaker and Author of New York Times best-selling book REACH: 40 Black Men Speak on Living, Leading, and Succeeding.
- Quiana “Que” Broden, owner of Cooking with Que, named the best vegan place to eat in Detroit by Hour Detroit Magazine.
- Michael Spehn & Gina Kell Spehn – Founders of The New Day Foundation, a non-profit Michigan cancer support organization, authors of New York Times best-selling memoir, The Color of Rain, which inspired an original Hallmark movie.
- Staci Russell – first-generation rodeo athlete using her talents to inspire others.
Many more speakers will share their insights within the realm of business, dance, poetry, therapy and comedy.
“We try to foster a mixing-pot of possibilities and insights each year with our roster of speakers,” said Charlie Wollborg, curator of TEDx Detroit. “By showcasing unique talents within our community, we can spark one-of-a-kind ideas and elicit greater change and conversations.”
After 15 years, TEDxDetroit’s purpose has remained the same – to share meaningful ideas. TEDxDetroit continues to amplify diverse voices by creating a space to share, inform, inspire and collaborate.
A roster of confirmed speakers can be found on the TEDxDetroit speaker page here: https://www.tedxdetroit.com/speakers-2023/
Tickets for TEDxDetroit 2023 are on sale through our partners at Connect.Space.