Ideas Worth Spreading
TEDxDetroit features the best and brightest minds from the fields of technology, business, arts, education and entertainment sharing their passion, wisdom and innovations.
Our speaker roster balances left brain and right brain – academics, artists, inventors, entrepreneurs and innovators. Each speaker only has a short block of time to share their positive idea for the world.
The speaker list for this year’s TEDxDetroit event includes:
- Dr. Cathy Olkin, planetary scientist and deputy project scientist for NASA’s New Horizons Mission to Pluto
- Paul Elio, founder and CEO of Elio Motors
- Jean Redfield, president and CEO of Next Energy
- Raj Paul, vice president of automotive and emerging technologies at LochBridge
- Tara Reed, founder and CEO of Kollecto
- Rob Miles, executive director of Organization for Bat Conservation
- Dr. Chris Lambert, founder and CEO of Life Remodeled
- Dr. Debby Feinberg, author, founder of NeuroVisual Optometry and lead clinician at Vision Specialists of Michigan
- Charles Gibson, outreach coordinator at Michigan Science Center
- Karen Buscemi, founder and president of Detroit Garment Group
- Jeevak Badve, vice president of strategic growth at Sundberg-Ferar Design
- Gary Abud, science teacher at Grosse Pointe North High School
- Mallory Brown, founder of World Clothes Line
- Aaron Foley, author of “How to Live in Detroit Without Being a Jackass”
TEDxDetroit will also feature live performances by America’s Got Talent finalist Alicia Michilli, Tunde Olaniran, Ahya Simone, Timothy Orikri, Shelby 5, Chance Morris, Darius Simpson, Scout Bostley and Britney Stoney.